Jianchen ShanAssistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Hempstead, NY 11549
Office: Adams Hall 0104
Phone: (516) 463-5712
Jianchen Shan is an Assistant Professor in Computer Science at Hofstra University. He holds the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology, and the M.S./B.S. degrees in Computer Science from Shanghai University.
- vSMT-IO: Improving I/O Performance and Efficiency on SMT Processors in Virtualized Clouds, accepted to USENIX ATC 2020
- Effectively Mitigating I/O Inactivity in vCPU Scheduling, accepted to USENIX ATC 2018
- CSC 016: Data Structures, Algorithms and Object-Oriented Programming, Spring 2019, Spring 2020
- CSC 017: Advanced Data Structures and Object-Oriented Programming, Fall 2018, Fall 2019
- CSC 112: Computer Operating Systems, Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020
- CSC 144M: High Performance Cloud Computing, Fall 2019, Spring 2020
Cloud computing infrastructures, parallel and distributed systems, big data, high performance computing, mobile computing, operating systems, computer architecture
(Always looking forward to working with highly motivated student interested in my research area.)
Recent PublicationsGoogle Scholar Profile
- [ATC 2020] W. Jia, J. Shan, T. Li, H. Cui, X. Ding. "vSMT-IO: Improving I/O Performance and Efficiency on SMT Processors in Virtualized Clouds"
- [ATC 2018] W. Jia, C. Wang, X. Chen, J. Shan, X. Shang, H. Cui, X. Ding, L. Cheng, F. Lau, Y. Wang, Y. Wang. "Effectively Mitigating I/O Inactivity in vCPU Scheduling"
- [TCC 2017] N. R. Paiker, J. Shan, C. Borcea, N. Gehani, R. Curtmola, and X. Ding, "Design and Implementation of an Overlay File System for Cloud-Assisted Mobile Apps"
- [ICPADS 2017] J. Shan, W. Jia, X. Ding, Rethinking the Scalability of Multicore Applications on Big Virtual Machines"
- [TPDS 2017] J. Shan, X. Ding, N. Gehani, "APPLES: Efficiently Handling Spin-lock Synchronization on Virtualized Platforms"
- [TPDS 2016] X. Ding, J. Shan, S. Jiang, "A General Approach to Scalable Buffer Pool Management"
- [Mobilware 2016] P. Neog, H. Debnath, J. Shan, N. Paiker, N. Gehani, R. Curtmola, X. Ding,and C. Borcea, "FaceDate: A Mobile Cloud Computing App for People Matching"
- [MSST 2016] J. Shan, N. R. Paiker, X. Ding, N. Gehani, R. Curtmola, and C. Borcea, "An Overlay File System for Cloud-Assisted Mobile Applications"
- [CloudCom 2015] J. Shan, X. Ding, N. Gehani, "APLE: Addressing lock holder preemption problem with high efficiency"
- [CloudCom 2015] X. Ding, J. Shan, "Diagnosing Virtualization Overhead for Multi-threaded Computation on Multicore Platforms"
- [USENIX ATC 2014] X. Ding, P. B. Gibbons, M. A. Kozuch, J. Shan, "Gleaner: Mitigating the Blocked-Waiter Wakeup Problem for Virtualized Multicore Applications"
Reviewer: UBICOMM 2020, IEEE CLOUD SUMMIT 2020, CLOUD COMPUTING 2018, 2019 and 2020, ICC 2017, CANDAR 2017, ICPADS 2016, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Access, Frontiers of Computer Science (Springer)
Last updated: Sep 21, 2018