IFIP WG 9.7
History of Computing
- To provide a central vehicle for information interchange regarding the
methods and techniques of historio-graphy, especially as related to the opportunities
for the studies of contemporary history.
- To provide expertise for the design, implementation and operation of archives
and displays related to the history of information processing.
- To encourage the development of national archives.
- To develop a program of Pioneers' Days which recognize the contribution
of pioneers and anniversaries of major events.
- To identify pioneers worthy of an appreciation and distinction and make
"IFIP Pioneer Awards".
- To develop publication plans for histories of Information Processing.
- To promote the inclusion of historical modules in appropriate curricula.
The history of computing and informatics with a view to providing
the impetus to preserve the records and artifacts of information processing
inventions, practices and activities throughout the world under the auspices
of IFIP and its constituent organizations. One special focus is the socio-historical
context and consequences of Information Technologies.